Catholic education should be available to everyone and there are a number of ways that tuition can be managed and/or reduced.
GRACE Tuition Assistance:
Tuition assistance is available to families with children in GRACE grades K-8 . You can apply for assistance at the time of enrollment. Click on Tuition Assistance to learn more.
WI Parental Choice Program:
Our Lady of Lourdes is a participating school in the WI Parental Choice Program. The program allows students in K-12, who meet residency and eligibility requirements to receive state aid for their tuition and attend our school. New students to the program MUST apply during the open application period which will begin in February.*
New families must apply for a voucher with Private School Choice Programs. Proof of income and residency will also need to be provided to the GRACE office at 1087 Kellogg Street, GreenBay, WI.
Additional information regarding the WI Parent Choice Program is available on the GRACE website.
* Existing applicants do NOT need to register; as they will carryover to the next school year.
WI Tax Deduction for Tuition Expense:
Wisconsin taxpayers now have the opportunity to deduct private school tuition expenses from their taxable income beginning on or after January 1, 2014. A subtraction from income is allowed for tuition expenses that are paid for any of the GRACE Catholic Schools. Parents/guardians are eligible for a maximum deduction of $4,000/child in grades K-8 and $10,000/child in grades 9-12. Students transitioning from eighth to ninth grade are eligible for both deductions. Per the instructions, any amount spent on tuition and book fees are eligible for the deduction. Book fees include digital books, such as laptops or tablet fee issued by the school.
The SCRIP Tuition Reduction Program offers families the opportunity to offset a portion of their child’s educational fees by purchasing gift cards/certificates. Click on SCRIP Program to learn more.
- A 2% tuition credit is provided when retail gift cards are purchased through this program.
- Scrip can be purchased before and after all masses, in the parish office, or by submitting the Scrip order form.
- Scrip 0rder forms are available before and after all masses, at the School Office or using the Scrip order form listed below.
In addition, the following resources are available at Our Lady of Lourdes for tuition assistance. More information on scholarships, tuition assistance or contribution opportunities can be obtained through Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Office at 920-336-4033.
Blaise J. Peters Scholarship Fund
- This scholarship provides financial assistance to families with children attending Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School.
- Families must complete an application along with an explanation of why there is a need for assistance.
- Applications are reviewed and scholarships are awarded based on information provided.
- Scholarship applications and money awarded is strictly confidential.
St. Dominic Savio Scholarship
- Provided by donations from Our Lady of Lourdes parishioners.
- This scholarship was established in 2012 by Our Lady of Lourdes Parish to provide financial assistance to families with children attending Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School.
- St Dominic once said, “I can’t do big things, but I want everything to be for the glory of God”. For the 2018-2019 school year, families submit a one page essay based on scholarship questions.
- This scholarship is faith based, independent of financial need.
- Application submissions and essays are to be submitted to the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Office.
Blaise J. Peters Scholarship Fund Contribution Opportunities
The Rev. Blaise J. Peters Scholarship Fund was established in honor and recognition of our former pastor, Rev. Blaise Peters, who spent 25 years with us. It is significant that the Scholarship Fund was established for the purpose of perpetuating the operation of the school, one that he loved and supported. Since the program inception, the Blaise J. Peters Scholarship Fund has assisted over 395 Our Lady of Lourdes students, distributing more than $132,000 in scholarships.
A challenging economy and rising costs for education have created an even greater demand for this scholarship fund, and this program needs your help. All tax-deductible contributions offered to the Rev. Blaise J. Peters Scholarship Fund will support Catholic education and enable Our Lady of Lourdes Parish to continue to provide school families with a valuable resource for tuition assistance. Together we can achieve our mission of developing lifelong learners and leaders within a strong tradition of faith, service, and academic excellence.
Catholic Knights / Catholic Financial Life Scholarship
Families with students in grades 1-8 are eligible for a $200 scholarship. Scholarship applications are available on the Catholic Financial Life website. Please register with the student’s name who is applying for the scholarship. Separate registration is required for each student. If questions, please contact Catholic Financial Life at 1-800-927-2547.
The deadline for this scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year is March 31, 2018.