GRACE Student Services Program
“Within GRACE schools we believe that every child is gifted, no matter their testing level.
Through our Student Services Program we support teachers and students to ensure that
each child receives a meaningful and responsive Catholic school learning experience.”
SUPPORTIVE CONSULTANT ROLE
Each of our GRACE schools has a staff member designated as a Supportive Consultant to
work with and assist students and staff with students’ educational needs.
Mrs. Jean O’Donnell is the Supportive Consultant/Resource Teacher at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School.
This is my twelfth year at OLOL, and I am very grateful for the wonderful and supportive students, parents, and staff I have met and worked with throughout the years. I am a graduate of UW-Stevens Point where I received my BS in Elementary Education and a Concentration in Reading. I am also trained in the Wilson Reading System, a powerful intervention program proven successful for students needing additional help in spelling and reading.I have been married for 31 years to my husband, Bob. I have one daughter, Erin, and a wonderful son-in-law, Zeb! During my “free time,” I enjoy drawing colored-pencil sketches of pets for others, reading, spending time with family and friends and going up north to our cabin near Minocqua, Wisconsin.
The following is a list of some of the Supportive Consultant roles and responsibilities.
- Provide identified assistance to students of need (academic, behavioral, social, other) as
determined by a GRACE SCHOOLS SERVICE PLAN.
- Oversee completion and distribution to parents of new and revised Teacher and
GRACE Student Service Plans in collaboration with the classroom teacher(s). As
needed, include listing of accommodation and modification recommendations.
- Provide a copy of the Service Plan Progress at the end of each grading period (trimester)
- Attend IEP, Service Plan, and Supportive Consultation meetings as warranted.
- Be The Center for Advanced Academics (CENTER) Site Coordinator.
- Be the Edgenuity – Odyssey/Pathblazer (computer based learning) Site Coordinator
NCEATalk– A Catholic School Education Article, April 2017 “GRACE Student Services Program“
RESOURCES and Inspiration
20 words of affirmation for every child. Thank you, ParentlineQL, for this graphic.
The Student Services Program in Action: