Hope you are enjoying your 夏(xià) 天(tiān) ! Here are some fun things about summer in Mandarin:
- Fun activities in Summer
- Olaf singing in Mandarin
- Moana sing in Mandarin
Congratulations to students participated & placed in the 2018 Wisconsin Chinese Speech Contest!
Congratulations to students who successfully finished their Speech Projects! Congratulations to students recognized with Wisconsin Excellence in Chinese Language Learning Award!
- practice the expressions and vocabulary in Quizlet for 10-15 minutes a day.
Colors in Mandarin:
彩色的地球 Colorful Earth
- Line Dictionary: http://encn.linedict.com/#/encn/home
- Chinese Grammar Wiki: https://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Main_Page
- Little Fox Chinese YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipQJmg3yqouy6MRtPv_0Bg
- Chinese Buddy YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJdwm0ut_GzVT5VzzylqDQA
Stories for Speech
- 春天来了 Spring is here.
- 四季真有趣。Seasons are fun.
- 泰迪的一天 Teddy’s day
- 贪婪的猴子 Greedy Monkey
- 我喜欢冰淇淋 I like icecream
- 可爱 Cute
Videos & Songs
- 你几岁？ How old are you?
- Song: 你几岁？ How old are you?
Chūn Jié Kuài Lè!
Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, is coming! It is the most important traditional holiday in Chinese culture.
Chinese New Year is on a different day each year. This year, it is on February 16th. In Chinese culture, there is a different calendar, called the Agricultural Calendar, used for holidays such as Chinese New Year and Mid Autumn (Moon) Festival.
The Mandarin program will celebrate this great holiday from
Feb. 26-Mar. 2 with various fun activities and a play performed by all Mandarin students on
Thursday, Mar. 1 at 1:30 pm.
Song: Happy New Year in Mandarin
12 Chinese Zodiac Animal Song
12 Chinese Zodiac Animal Song Lyrics Video
- Numbers 1-10 in Mandarin song
- Rap 1-10 in Mandarin
Xīn Nián Kuài Lè
- Song: Happy New Year in Mandarin
- Song: We wish you a merry Christmas in Mandarin
- Song: Jingle Bells in Mandarin
Family members song
(Gǎn Ēn Jié Kuài Lè!)
By learning Mandarin, you can learn the cultural similarities and differences. Last month we learned a fall holiday for family in Chinese culture. Do you still remember what it is? You can always scroll down to review!
We do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Chinese culture but we love the spirit of being thankful. Now my cultural ambassadors, it’s your turn to introduce American cultures to Mandarin speakers.
Expressions for Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving song in Mandarin:
Thank you song
Let’s celebrate 万圣节
(Wàn Shèng Jié) in Mandarin！
- Quizlet for Halloween: https://quizlet.com/237670171/halloween-flash-cards/
Halloween Songs in Mandarin：
We had a lot of fun celebrating
中秋节（Zhōng Qiū Jié）！
What is Mid-Autumn Festival?
- When is Mid-Autumn Festival and how do you celebrate?
- Vocabulary for Mid-Autumn Festival
- The Story of the Moon Lady — Chang E
- The Mid-Autumn Festival Song
Welcome to the Mandarin World!
Huān yíng lái dào zhōng wén shì jiè ！
Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the school year!
He Laoshi (何老师), a.k.a Ms. Helena He, welcomes everyone to the Mandarin classes for 2017-2018! Students in the program last year all did a great job and I believe we can make it even better this year! I welcome all new Mandarin students and I am very excited to see you all rock in the Mandarin world!
Please check the Mandarin Classroom Norms and understand what you need to keep in mind here!
Parents, please check the Mandarin Class Update – All 201709 to see what is and will be in class!
Chinese Calligraphy from 5th and 8th Grade!