Thank you all my dear Mandarin students for your hard work for the Chinese New Year Celebration week!
Our next big project is the Speech Project. Our school-wide Speech Presentation will be the beginning of April. Let’s use this opportunity to show your progress and improvement for this year!
If you want to go further with this speech project, the 2018 Wisconsin Chinese Speech Contest will be a great opportunity. This is a very fun event to meet peers from other schools and use your Mandarin to communicate and express yourself. There are various shows about Chinese music and cultures in this event too. Please see more information below:
Saturday, April 14, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM CDT
Bolton Hall, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 3210 North Maryland Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53211
Saturday, March 31, 12:00 PM (NOON)
- practice the expressions and vocabulary in Quizlet for 10-15 minutes a day.
Videos & Songs
- 你几岁？ How old are you?
- Song: 你几岁？ How old are you?
- 彩色的地球 Colorful Earth
- Line Dictionary: http://encn.linedict.com/#/encn/home
- Chinese Grammar Wiki: https://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Main_Page
- Little Fox Chinese YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipQJmg3yqouy6MRtPv_0Bg
- Chinese Buddy YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJdwm0ut_GzVT5VzzylqDQA
Chūn Jié Kuài Lè!
Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, is coming! It is the most important traditional holiday in Chinese culture.
Chinese New Year is on a different day each year. This year, it is on February 16th. In Chinese culture, there is a different calendar, called the Agricultural Calendar, used for holidays such as Chinese New Year and Mid Autumn (Moon) Festival.
The Mandarin program will celebrate this great holiday from
Feb. 26-Mar. 2 with various fun activities and a play performed by all Mandarin students on
Thursday, Mar. 1 at 1:30 pm.
Song: Happy New Year in Mandarin
12 Chinese Zodiac Animal Song
12 Chinese Zodiac Animal Song Lyrics Video
- Numbers 1-10 in Mandarin song
- Rap 1-10 in Mandarin
Xīn Nián Kuài Lè
- Song: Happy New Year in Mandarin
- Song: We wish you a merry Christmas in Mandarin
- Song: Jingle Bells in Mandarin
Family members song
(Gǎn Ēn Jié Kuài Lè!)
By learning Mandarin, you can learn the cultural similarities and differences. Last month we learned a fall holiday for family in Chinese culture. Do you still remember what it is? You can always scroll down to review!
We do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Chinese culture but we love the spirit of being thankful. Now my cultural ambassadors, it’s your turn to introduce American cultures to Mandarin speakers.
Expressions for Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving song in Mandarin:
Thank you song
Let’s celebrate 万圣节
(Wàn Shèng Jié) in Mandarin！
- Quizlet for Halloween: https://quizlet.com/237670171/halloween-flash-cards/
Halloween Songs in Mandarin：
We had a lot of fun celebrating
中秋节（Zhōng Qiū Jié）！
What is Mid-Autumn Festival?
- When is Mid-Autumn Festival and how do you celebrate?
- Vocabulary for Mid-Autumn Festival
- The Story of the Moon Lady — Chang E
- The Mid-Autumn Festival Song
Welcome to the Mandarin World!
Huān yíng lái dào zhōng wén shì jiè ！
Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the school year!
He Laoshi (何老师), a.k.a Ms. Helena He, welcomes everyone to the Mandarin classes for 2017-2018! Students in the program last year all did a great job and I believe we can make it even better this year! I welcome all new Mandarin students and I am very excited to see you all rock in the Mandarin world!
Please check the Mandarin Classroom Norms and understand what you need to keep in mind here!
Parents, please check the Mandarin Class Update – All 201709 to see what is and will be in class!
Chinese Calligraphy from 5th and 8th Grade!