In Religion, we focused on the trait of empathy and what it means at Lourdes. The students wrote and performed skits to teach others about empathy.
In Reading, we are working on making connections with text. We focused specifically on text to text connections and text to world connections. This strategy helps us better understand what we’re reading.
In grammar, we studied subject and object pronouns. Spelling focused on patterns for words with prefixes. Spelling lists are posted on Spelling City at: https://www.spellingcity.com/users/bchristensen9055.
In writing, we continue to work on our informational descriptive texts. Next week, we will continue incorporating language features that are specific to informational texts into our writing.
We published and presented our Saint web sites. Please visit them and look at all the hard work the students put into them!
- St. Paul: https://ololstpaultest.weebly.com
- St. Francis of Assissi: https://ololstfrancisassisi.weebly.com
- St. Cecilia: https://ololstcecilia.weebly.com
- St. Joan of Arc: https://ololstjoanofarc.weebly.com
- St. John Paul II: https://ololstjohnpaul2.weebly.com
- St. Patrick: https://ololstpatrick.weebly.com
- St. Theresa of Calcutta: https://ololsttheresacalcutta.weebly.com
- St. Oscar Romero: https://ololstoscarromero.weebly.com
- St. Thomas Aquinas: https://ololstthomasaquinas.weebly.com
Some important upcoming dates:
- 2/22 – Battle of the Books; Trivia Night!
- 3/1 – Full Day of School; End of Tri-2
- 3/2 – Chinese speech contest at UW Milwaukee
- 3/5 – Laugh, Vent, Pray Presentation 6:30-7:30 pm
- 3/7 – Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:30 – 7:00 pm
- 3/8 – Parent/Teacher Conferences 11:30 – 2:00 pm
- 3/11-15 – Spring Break (No School)
- 3/21 – Culture Fair 5:45-7:20 pm
- 3/28 – Fang visit!
- 4/26 – Find Your Greatness: Four Habits that will transform your life; $25; 6:30-10:30 pm – OLOL
- 4/28 – Classic Re-Creation concert – 7 pm in OLOL Gym
- 5/9 – OLOL Family at Timber Rattlers game – 6:35 pm
- 5/10 – Full Day of School
Our 5th grade cast of characters for character day:
Please note the new OLOL birthday snack policy. We will provide allergen-free treats for students once a month to celebrate all the birthdays that month. Please do NOT send a birthday treat to school so that we can ensure the safety of all students.
Please dress warmly for the colder weather. Hats, mittens/gloves, scarves, etc. must be worn during recess.