In Religion, we learned about the holy Triduum and participated in a Seder Meal..
In Reading, we practiced using the inference strategy in our book club books.
In grammar, we studied comparative and superlative adjectives. Spelling focused on the suffixes -less and -ness. Spelling lists are posted on Spelling City at: https://www.spellingcity.com/users/bchristensen9055
In writing, we worked on co-construction of an argument text and wrote two body paragraphs.
We published and presented our Saint web sites. Please visit them and look at all the hard work the students put into them!
- St. Paul: https://ololstpaultest.weebly.com
- St. Francis of Assissi: https://ololstfrancisassisi.weebly.com
- St. Cecilia: https://ololstcecilia.weebly.com
- St. Joan of Arc: https://ololstjoanofarc.weebly.com
- St. John Paul II: https://ololstjohnpaul2.weebly.com
- St. Patrick: https://ololstpatrick.weebly.com
- St. Theresa of Calcutta: https://ololsttheresacalcutta.weebly.com
- St. Oscar Romero: https://ololstoscarromero.weebly.com
- St. Thomas Aquinas: https://ololstthomasaquinas.weebly.com
Some important upcoming dates:
- 4/19 – No School
- 4/22 – No School
- 4/25 – Wax Museum – 1:00 pm
- 4/26 -$1 Dress Down day; Spring sports pictures!
- 4/26 – Find Your Greatness: Four Habits that will transform your life; $25; 6:30-10:30 pm – OLOL
- 4/28 – Classic Re-Creation concert – 7 pm in OLOL Gym
- 4/29 – OLOL Book Swap
- 5/1 – Donuts with Dad!
- 5/4 – Walk to Mary (visit www.walktomary.com for more information)
- 5/7 – Spring Concert at West De Pere High School
- 5/9 – OLOL Family at Timber Rattlers game – 6:35 pm
- 5/10 – Full Day of School
MAP testing is going on this week. Make sure to get enough sleep and eat a healthy breakfast!
1/2 Price Tuition!
For a limited time – half-price tuition is available for the 2019-2020 school year to the first 15 new students who enroll in grades K-7! Spread the word about our awesome school.
Congratulations to Kailey Fink and Isabelle Fergus, 1st place winners of the science fair!
We participated in a Seder Meal this week. The students did a fabulous job listening and learning about the different aspects of the meal, as well as, the history behind it. Pictures and more information can be found on our Facebook page!
Children’s Book Week is April 28- May 4. We are going to celebrate by having a Book Swap amongst the students.
Would your child like some different books to read? Do you have books at home that your child has read and doesn’t want any more? Each student can bring 1-3 books to the school library on Monday, April 29. I’ll record how many they bring. On Friday afternoon (May 3), students can come to the library to choose that many books to take home from the books contributed.
Please note the new OLOL birthday snack policy. We will provide allergen-free treats for students once a month to celebrate all the birthdays that month. Please do NOT send a birthday treat to school so that we can ensure the safety of all students.